California Citizenship Lawyer

Naturalization Lawyer in Sacramento

Becoming a U.S. citizen can be life-changing. The right to vote, the right to sponsor family members who want to come to the United States, and the right to travel wherever and whenever you want are just a few of the benefits you will enjoy as a U.S. citizen. However, there are serious factors you must consider when applying for naturalization. It is best to consult with an experienced immigration attorney before you begin the process to avoid delays or denial.

Contact the Law Office of Jennifer L. Hennessey online or call our law firm in Sacramento at 800-568-0201 to learn more about gaining U.S. citizenship. Our immigration practice offers free initial consultations and evening and weekend appointments are available upon request.

Should You File for Naturalization?

Our attorney can help you evaluate your situation and determine whether it is in your best interest to apply for naturalization. Certain criminal offenses and other past issues with the law can result in deportation simply upon filing an application for naturalization, so it's important to consult with an immigration lawyer prior to filing.

Becoming a U.S. CitizenLaw Office of Jennifer L Hennessey

If we determine that filing for naturalization is a good decision for you, our law firm can prepare and file your application, help you prepare for the citizenship English and history tests and attend your interview at U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) with you.

Becoming a U.S. citizen is an exciting event. At the Law Office of Jennifer L. Hennessey, we want to be by your side during this process to help make it as smooth as possible.

There are two paths to U.S. citizenship - by birth or by naturalization. Our attorney can help you determine whether or not you acquired U.S. citizenship at birth, which is a complex area of immigration law. If we determine that you were qualified to derive citizenship at birth, we can file the N-600 Application for Certificate of Citizenship to show that you are a U.S. Citizenship.

To gain citizenship through naturalization, a person must have legal permanent residence ("Green Card") for five years, or three years if married to U.S. citizen, and meet other eligibility requirements.

Contact Us

For more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced California citizenship attorney, please contact us online or call 800-568-0201.