Sacramento Family Immigration Attorney

Butte County Family Visa Lawyer

Law Office of Jennifer L HennesseyAt the Law Office of Jennifer L. Hennessey, a significant portion of our immigration practice is dedicated to assisting clients with family immigration. We understand the importance of bringing family members to the United States and reuniting them with loved ones.

Being apart from your family or fiancé is not only emotionally difficult, but can also be financially burdensome. Our attorney works tirelessly to reunite clients with their families as efficiently as possible.

Contact our California family immigration attorney at 800-568-0201 to schedule a consultation. We will be happy to discuss your unique situation and identify any possible legal options. Our immigration practice offers free initial consultations, and evening and weekend appointments are available upon request.

Assisting Family Members of U.S. Citizens and Legal Permanent Residents

For U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents interested in bringing a family member or fiancé to the United States, we can provide reliable legal guidance throughout the process. Our attorney understands that your plans depend on your immigration paperwork being completed accurately and in a timely manner.

There are an unlimited number of visas available for United States citizens to bring the following immediate relatives to the U.S.:

  • Spouses
  • Unmarried minor (under age of 21) children
  • Parents of Adult U.S. citizens (over the age of 21)

Additionally, the family preference system enables U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents to bring other family members to the U.S. The type of family relationship places the family member into a particular preference category.

The number of family visas available each year in the family preference system is limited and applicants must wait for a visa to become available; their place in line is determined by the date they filed their petition and the preference category they are placed in.

Obtaining a Fiancé Visa

Obtaining a fiancé visa can be confusing and time-consuming. An experienced attorney can help you petition for a fiancé visa, allowing your fiancé to enter the United States. Following the fiancé's entry into the United States, the couple must marry each other within 90 days. Following your marriage, the Law Office of Jennifer L. Hennessey can assist the new spouse in adjusting his or her status and obtaining a green card and, eventually, citizenship.

Contact Us

For more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced citizenship and immigration lawyer, please contact us online or call our law firm in Sacramento at 800-568-0201.