Sacramento Lawyer For I-751 Petitions

The complexities, nuances and continuing changes involved in immigration law require the help of an experienced attorney. SacramentoLaw Office of Jennifer L Hennessey lawyer Jennifer Hennessey combines her comprehensive background and legal skills with empathy. She experienced what her clients now experience in facing or dealing with the separation of a loved one.

The Need For A Butte County Attorney For Green Card Renewal

The I-751 petition is required to remove the conditions on a legal permanent residence status or "conditional green card." A "conditional green card" obtained through marriage only lasts for two years. Ninety days prior to the expiration, the couple must file an I-751 joint petition and provide documents evidencing that the couple is still living together as husband and wife.

Problems arise for foreign-born spouses when relationships end through separation, divorce, annulment, or death. However, options may be available that waive the joint filing requirement based on: Marriages ending in separation, divorce or annulment

  • Entering into the marriage in good faith;
  • Spouses battered or subjected to extreme cruelty by their U.S. citizen or permanent resident spouse or parent; or
  • Termination of status and removal resulting in extreme hardship.

At the Northern California-based Law Office of Jennifer L. Hennessey, we educate our clients on the rights they have and explore all options to keep them in the United States. At their initial consultation, we explain what to expect during the process and all options available. From there, we map out an individualized plan toward a successful outcome.

Contact Us

Understanding the financial challenges some of our clients face, we offer affordable and reasonable flat fees. We also accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover.

To schedule a free initial consultation with a Sacramento attorney for I-751 petitions, please fill out our intake form. You can also call our law firm at 800-568-0201. We are also available on evenings and weekends by appointment.