Member Of:
AILA - American Immigration Lawyers Association
Sacramento County Bar Association
AILA - Northern California Chapter

Adjustment of Status

Some individuals who are currently in the United States can adjust their status to become a lawful permanent resident (and obtain a “Green Card”). The laws are complex on who is eligible to adjust their status in the United States. For example, sometimes a spouse of a U.S. citizen can file a one-step adjustment of status application if they entered with inspection and have no other grounds of inadmissibility. However, if the spouse has multiple immigration violations or certain criminal convictions, they may not be eligible to adjust their status. Although some immigration violations and criminal convictions can be waived.

Contact our immigration law firm at (916) 295-7650 to schedule a consultation to determine if you or your family member is eligible to adjust status to become a permanent resident in the United States.

Client Reviews
Simply the best. Thorough and to the point. Thank you for everything! B. Noce
Ms. Hennessey is very knowledgeable in the area of immigration law. She and her staff are so very courteous and friendly and truly care about their clients. Always polite and respectful. W. Domi